IPL is the money-spinner game for everyone from players to team owners. The annual turnover of IPL is damn high. Apart from this, the viewership and ad rate go high insanely during the IPL. During the auction, players get high bid, and high bid means that they will get huge money. Today we will talk about some players who paid the highest in the history of IPL.
1. Steve Smith – Steve Smith is the right-hand batsman who belongs to Australia. Some legendary cricket players compare him to Sir Don Bradman due to his high average. Steve Smith is one of the best players in the era of modern cricket.
Apart from batting, his captaincy is also very good and sharp. In the IPL 2018, Rajasthan Royal bought him in 12.5 cr. After bringing him in the squad, they made him the captain of the team as well. Steve Smith can lead the team from the front, and more ever Rajasthan Royal has the more trust on the Australian captain because they won their one and only IPL title under the captaincy of Shane Warne who is a former Australian player.
2. David Warner – David Warner is the left-hand explosive batsman who belongs for Australia. David Warner counts in the list of the best opening batsman. In the history of Australian cricket.
David Warner is the first cricketer who selected in the national team of Australia without having any experience in the first-class cricket. David Warner is an attacking player who always wants to make pressure on the bowler. He can hit the big sixes. Basically, his presence boasts some confidence in the batting line. Sunrisers Hyderabad knows his value, and because of this, they retained David Warner in the whopping price of 12.5 cr.
3. Dinesh Karthik – Dinesh Karthik is s right-hand batsman and wicket-keeper who represents the national team of India at the international level. Dinesh Kartik is a very talented player, but he doesn’t get enough as he deserves. He can hit the ball out of the park plus his wicket-keeping as good. In IPL 2013.
He played some valuable knows and played the crucial role in some matches for Mumbai Indians, but it was very shocking that Mumbai Indians didn’t retain him in next season. Well, the bid for Dinesh Kartik went very high, and Delhi Daredevils bought him in 12.5 cr. In IPL 2014, Dinesh Kartik didn’t disappoint his team and played some price worthy innings.
4. Yuvraj Singh – Yuvraj Singh is a left-hand dynamic batsman who plays for the national team of India. He is a left-arm orthodox spin bowler. Yuvraj Singh a perfect all-rounder, which every team needs.
He can bat in the middle overs and can hit big sixes. He can bowl in the middle overs and can put pressure on the opposite team. In the success of 2011 world cup, Yuvraj played a very crucial role in the Indian team. Everybody knows his value, and that is the reason that Royal Challengers Bangalore bought him in 14 cr. in IPL 2014.
5. Ben Stokes – Ben Stokes is a left-hand explosive batsman who plays for the national team of England. He is a right arm fast bowler too. He has the great ability with both bat and bowl.
His presence brings stability in the team. After seeing his marvellous performance in World t-20, every team was willing to bring him into their teams, but Rising Pune Supergiant got success. They brought him in 14.5 cr. in IPL 2017.
6. Rishabh Pant – Rishabh Pant is a left-hand batsman who plays for the national team of India. He is a Wicket-keeper too. He came into the limelight when he hit a fifty on just 19 balls in the Under-19 World Cup.
He can hit the long sixes. He is known for his explosive batting. In IPL 2018, Delhi Daredevils bought him into the whopping price of 15 cr. In IPL 2018, he performed very well and played some match-winning innings.
7. Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the right-hand explosive batsman and sharp wicket-keeper who belongs from India. There is the no one who doesn’t know the name of Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Under Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s captaincy, India won World Cup after 28 years. He is one of the best finishers in the era of modern cricket, and he is very sharp behind the wickets too. When Chennai Super Kings returned after the ban in IPL 2018, They immediately paid the whopping price of 15 cr. for Mahendra Singh Dhoni because they know the value of Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
8. Rohit Sharma – Rohit Sharma is a right-hand opening batsman who belongs to India. He is the only player in the world who hit three double centuries in One Day International cricket.
Apart from his batting, his captaincy is also very good. He is the only captain who won three IPL trophies till now. Rohit Sharma leads his team from the front. His batting record is also very good in IPL. Mumbai Indians knows his real value, and that is the reason that they retained him in 15 cr. in IPL 2018.
9. Virat Kohli – Virat Kohli is s right-hand batsman who represents the national team of India on the international level. Currently, he is the captain of the Indian cricket team in every format. He is known as the king of cricket.
Day by Day he is improving himself. From the start of IPL, he is a member of Royal Challengers Bangalore. Royal Challengers Bangalore knows that if they leave him, he can be dangerous for them, so that’s why they don’t leave him. Royal Challengers Bangalore retained him in 17 cr. in IPL 2018.